How Much Money Have I Spent On League Of Legends?
According to a 2019 survey, the average U.S. LoL player spends approximately $92 on the game per year. I thought this number was relatively high – until I discovered I had spent well into the hundreds!
To find out how much money you’ve spent, you’ll first need to know your account details. If you already know this information, skip the step below.
Find Out Account Details
If you ticked the client’s “Stay signed in” button after creating your account, chances are, you haven’t logged out since and have probably forgotten your details.
But don’t worry. Thanks to Riot’s account recovery service, retrieving your username and resetting the password is relatively easy and hassle-free.
- To access the recovery service page, open up the client and click on the “CAN’T SIGN IN?” button. You can also access the page by clicking here.
- The account recovery service will give you multiple options. Click “Forgot username?” or “Forgot password?,” depending on which you need.
- If you’ve forgotten both details, you must recover your username first before resetting your password.
Be aware that your Summoner name is different from your login username. You will not be able to use your Summoner name to sign in or reset your password.
Also, keep in mind that to use this service you’ll need access to the email address associated with your LoL account. If you no longer have access to it, it’s still possible to find out your login information by contacting Riot Support directly.
Go to Riot Support’s “Show Me the Money” Page
The process to find out how much money you have spent on League is even simpler than recovering your account details.
Follow the steps below:
- Go to the appropriate Riot Support page.
- Click the red “Log in” button, and enter your account details.
- After you’ve signed in, a “Show me the money” button will replace the “Log in” one.
- Click this button, and it’ll display the exact amount you’ve spent on the game so far (in your current region).
- If you have multiple accounts, you will have to repeat the process for each one to find out the total amount you’ve spent on League.
Submit a Data Request Ticket
If you would like a breakdown of what you’ve spent the money on, you can make a data request. You will receive a file containing your account’s personal data information, including all stored transactions and RP purchases.
In the past, submitting a data request was a complex process. You had to send Riot Games a handwritten letter and also pay a $5 fee. However, with the rise of stricter internet laws (like the GDPR) and greater demand for transparency, Riot Games has now made this data much more accessible.
To send a data request ticket, do the following:
- Go to the Riot Support “Submit a request” page.
- Sign in with your League of Legends account.
- For “Choose a request type,” select “Account Requests.”
- Pick “Formal Personal Data Request” in the “Please select your inquiry” section.
- A new “please select your inquiry” option will appear beneath. Choose “I want a full data request.”
- Fill in other necessary information, then click the submit button.
Once you’ve submitted your request, it will take 30 days to process. During this time period, do not change your email or password. Otherwise, it will cancel the request.
You will receive the data in a zipped file, so make sure you either have the latest version of Windows (or Mac OS), or an RTF text editor.
What Else Can a Data Request Tell Me?
You won’t just receive data related to your store transactions and RP purchases. You’ll also be sent personal information such as in-game chat logs from the last three months, and the phone number attached to your account.
For a complete list of the data that you will receive, click here.